Thursday, March 24, 2005

New Book proposal "The Mystery of Intimacy"

For the past 2 years I have been teaching "how to be close to God". While it may take me another year to finish teaching the class, I feel now is the time to begin writing a book on this topic. I intend to call the book "The Mystery of Intimacy", subtitled "How to be close to God". Here are my proposed contents:

The Mystery of Intimacy
(How to be close to God)


Introduction to a Mystery

Part 1 The Rule of Intimacy

  • Seek conviction of the Spirit
  • Seek filling of the Spirit
  • Seek to walk in the Spirit
Part 2 The Test of Intimacy
  • Fruit of the Spirit
  • Unity of the Spirit
  • Fullness in Christ
Over the next few months I will be writing on these topics. Eventually I will collect them into a book. Feel free to send your editorial comments.

6 comments:

Tyler said...

Peter - Keep up the good work - and the posting!

Tell me more about this intimacy with God that you're talking about. What exactly is it? Why would I want it, what would it do for me, and how would I know if I have it?

Anonymous said...

Peter J Barban, I was just passing by on my search for things about Christian on
the Net, and dropped in on your blog. I was looking for stuff for my Christian site. Not
sure that your blog was exactly what I needed, but I enjoyed my visit all the same.

positive said...

Hello Peter J Barban! I have a blog that you might like to check out affirmations. Thanks.

books said...

Hi Peter J Barban! Check out this blog, I thought it might be of interest to you alternative. Yours sincerely,

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging
on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It's always useful to
read content from other authors and use a little something from their
sites.

Here is my web page: what causes weight loss in dogs

Anonymous said...

Ugg Boots UK Michael Kors Canada Outlet Cheap Oakley Sunglasses cheap ray ban sunglasses Lululemon Outlet Celine Outlet Kevin Durant Shoes For Sale Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Oakley Sunglasses Chanel Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online Beats By Dre (planeetta.com) Jimmy Choo Shoes Online Gucci Outlet The North Face Outlet Kevin Durant Shoes Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses () Marc Jacobs Handbags Outlet Prada Handbags Ray Ban Sunglasses Kevin Durant Shoes For Sale Kevin Durant Shoes, akkunasavo.planeetta.com, Mulberry Bags Michael Kors Factory Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Stores Kate Spade Outlet Lebron James Shoes For Sale Louis
Vuitton Outlet Online (akkunasavo.planeetta.com)